Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Xiaoyu gloating," and "Good ol' China."

Quick update on our lives: Right now we are living in Nanjing (directly translated as "Southern Capital") where I am participating in the Masters of Arts in International Studies program at the Johns Hopkins University SAIS--Nanjing University Center. We'll be here for two years, which is the duration of the program. Nanjing is a nice place, about 2 hours west of Shanghai along the Yangtze River, and about a 16 hour train ride away from Xiaoyu's hometown of Xi'an.

Well I thought we could take a break in between introducing Xiaoyu's family, and watch some movies!
These first two may be boring if you don't know Xiaoyu, but may be pretty funny if you do. And . . . yes . . . Xiaoyu did take these clip for the sole purpose of gloating about China's domination of the gold medal count during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
(the song she sings in this first one is the Chiense national anthem)



This next one is basically the same idea, except she does some cool sound effects which is always good.



This next one is just one of the many, many reasons I love China.



Finally . . . its always nice to see close families. And what could be "closer" than a daughter giving her elderly mother a piggy back?

2 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

Jambo jambo! Back from AFRICA peeps. And that means presents in the form of handmade items. We need to find someone going over there ASAP so I can send you guys stuff. That means really cool jewelry sis.
I LAUGHED SO HARD! I miss my sister Xiao Yu. I especially appreciated the man voice in the first clip. Excellent tone.

Kathy said...

Pat, I believe you married your match! The videos were hilarious, and i too loved the Baritone. Especially impressive that Xiaoyu knows ALL the words to the national anthem - how many Americans can say that?